On March 12, 2014, Alliance Advisors hosted a webinar on Shareholder Activism and Activist Investor Strategies, moderated by Shirley Westcott.
Panelists included: Harvey L. Pitt from Kalorama Partners, Janet Wright from Dell Inc., and Zach Oleksiuk from BlackRock.
Key discussion points included:
- Overview: Evolution of activist campaigns and proxy fights
- Key factors driving increased shareholder activism
- Activist investor strategies for forcing fundamental corporate change
- Best practices for boards for dealing with hedge fund activists
- Preparing for an activist intrusion
- Conflict of interest considerations: golden leashes and director qualifications
- Engaging with shareholders
- Role of proxy advisory firms
For a replay of the webinar or to download the presentation, please visit Shareholder Activism Webinar link.
If you have any question about our service, please contact Waheed Hassan, CFA – Managing Director at email@example.com.